ANUSA Logo

ANUSA 2019 Team Elected

With voting for next year’s ANUSA positions having closed at 4pm today, the election results have now been released.

Due to a number of positions being elected unopposed, including all but one of the executive roles, students voted to decide who will occupy the positions of Education Officer, NUS Delegates, General Representatives, and College of Asia and the Pacific Representatives.

Tanika Sibal was elected as Education Officer, on their Refresh ticket.

Brandon Tan, Henri Vickers, Jade Lin, Ailsa Schreurs, Anabelle Nshuti, Christopher Atkins, Peter Sun, Jocelyn Abbott, Isabella Keith, Taylor Heslington, Harsh Thakkar, David Harvey, Madeleine Lezon, and Yasmin Poole were all elected as General Representatives.

ANU is able to send 5 delegates to the National Union of Students National Conference. The delegates elected were Niall Cummins from Ignite, Ashish Nagesh from Reform, and Lachy Day, Tanika Sibal and Croft Sun from Refresh.

Kai Clark and Alison Wong were elected as College of Asia and the Pacific Representatives.

Voter turnout in this year’s elections is well below the numbers of past years. 1688 (9.32%) students submitted an electronic ballot, down from the record high turnout of 2651 (18.84%) submitted last year and the 2190 (21.92%) witnessed in 2016.