ANU’s webpages, WiFi and email services experienced an outage on Wednesday morning. before going live again by 11:20am.

The outage included a shut down of both the ANU-Secure network and the Resnet network.

A Wattle support technician said that “Wattle will not be able to be accessed during the ongoing outage”, but that scheduled Echo360 recordings will continue to be captured.

“For any issues related to assignment submission, or other assessment that is managed on Wattle, please make note of the details, so a job can be logged after the outage has completed.” the technician continued.

ANU Student Central said that they would only be able to provide general services while the outage remained.

“We won’t be able to access our systems which means no student cards, transcripts, or enrolment confirmation letters. We can still provide you with general advice, but please be aware our services will be limited by this outage,” they posted on their Facebook page.

ANU’s emergency text service also relayed a message, saying that “ANU is experiencing an outage across the IT network affecting all internet, email, WiFi and access to network drives. We are working to resolve the issue ASAP.”

When asked why the outage had occurred, ANU re-emphasised that they were investigating the situation.

By 11:20am, services were back online. The outage lasted a number of hours.
More to come.